No Power, No Problem
Is your home and family prepared to deal with a major power outage?
When the power goes out, it can be hard to predict how long the duration of the power outage will be. Throughout the year, power grids are affected by powerful wind storms, blizzards and more. Instead of taking a chance, and leaving your home vulnerable, consider adding a generator to your emergency preparedness strategy. Flashlight batteries can die, and candles pose a fire hazard—and neither of these things will keep your home heated, or your essential appliances running.
An emergency generator is your home’s best defense against unexpected power outages. Having a generator will provide your family with peace of mind, knowing that your electrical power will continue, even under the most extreme circumstances. When the electricity goes out, your backup system will begin operation within seconds, keeping your home systems operational and your family safe. With a generator, you will no longer have to worry about:
- Food spoiling Generators keep important appliances like your refrigerator running without interruption. Your food will stay fresh, and you won’t have to worry about losing a fridge full of groceries (and the money spent on them) to an unexpected power outage. During inclement weather, your family can stay safe and dry inside with the sustenance needed to wait out a storm until it passes.
- Suffering from extreme temperatures A power outage can affect both the heating systems and cooling systems in your home. A generator will keep these systems running so you and your family can stay comfortable even in extreme temperatures.
- Losing access to information sources In the age of technology, it’s a major inconvenience to lose access to the internet, especially when so many of our devices rely on it—as well as a power source—to stay usable and charged. Having an emergency power source will allow you to stay connected to what’s going on in the outside world, whether it’s the latest weather updates or the news.
- Possible medical emergencies If you or any of your family members require medical equipment that needs a power source, a generator is a must-have for your home. In the event of a long-term power outage, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing that medical needs will be met, and you or your family members will be able to receive their normal at home medical treatment.
- Basements flooding Thunderstorms and high winds are one of the biggest causes of power outages, and heavy rain that causes flooding is often a part of those weather scenarios. Your home’s sump pump is designed to prevent any flooding issues, but an electric sump pump will no longer be able to function without electricity. A generator will keep your sump pump running smoothly, and help prevent your home from experiencing flood damage.
- Inconvenience of losing power Losing power, even if it is for a short time, is a major inconvenience to you and everyone in your home. Investing in a generator is a worthwhile decision to keep your home running smoothly, your life uninterrupted, and your family comfortable.
Our experts can help you find the best solution for your home, so you’ll be prepared for the unexpected. Contact us to learn more about the emergency and standby generators we have to offer in the Binghamton, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Rochester NY areas. We pride ourselves in our customer service. If you have any questions about your new generator, our knowledgeable service technicians are here to help!